The fourteenth goal is, in my opinion, a very strong foundation for the rest of the goals to materialise. An ideal classroom culture has been successfully created when:
– Students feel comfortable in their classroom and view it as a place where they love to learn.
– Educators and students co-operate and see each other as members of a great learning team.
– Parents and caregivers are welcome to come in and visit at times, in order to enjoy the great learning atmosphere.
– There is mutual respect and everyone is valued.
– Students do not leave immediately when the lesson is over, but enjoy staying at school and working on their school material or helping each other. (Sometimes they even stay after school to help the teacher tidy up the classroom, which is very nice and reflects the atmosphere of helping and co-operation!)
– Educators feel comfortable in their classrooms, love what is happening there, that they even go there on weekends or stay longer after school (as long as they don’t overdo it!).