My main interest this year and since I started teaching in Switzerland is Business English. I teach in banks, companies and professionals in various sectors (real estate, insurance, pharmaceuticals).
I must say I really enjoy these classes and the new turn my teaching is taking, for the reason that I am also learning alongside them!
You can find some ideas on Business English classes in posts I have written on my blog. I have gathered them all on this page for easier finding.
- My Blog Post for ESL/EFL Carnival of Business English and ESP – Teaching Business English in Switzerland: This post is part of Anne Hodgson‘s Blog Carnival for Business English. Here I share ideas that I use in teaching in a corporate environment – or outside of it!
- Word of the Week – From My Adult Classes: This is my first attempt in presenting what I think turned out into a great idea with our classes – it even developed into the main topic of a workshop I gave later on in Zug, Switzerland!
- How Can We Activate Vocabulary and Get Our Students to Use It? – ELTChat Summary: This is a summary I wrote after a great ELTChat talk on vocabulary. Here you can find a lot of ideas you can incorporate into the Business English teaching context – I have found lots of ideas!
- Word of the Week and Other Ideas for Business English Classes – My Workshop for the ETAS SIG Day, September 17, 2011 : This is the presentation of my workshop that I gave on Word of the Week as a main topic, including other subjects.
- (Updated) Word of the Week and Other Ideas for Business English – My Award-Winning Workshop for IATEFL BESIG Summer Symposium, June 2012.
- Problem Solving in Business English: an idea I use very often with my adult students mainly and have extended to other classes, apart from Business English ones.
- Using Advertising in the Business English Classroom: using real commercials to show the power (or lack of it, thereof) of advertising.