There is a wonderful conference coming up in Thessaloniki, Greece, on March 29-30 – organised by the hard-working and tireless team of an amazing association, called TESOL Macedonia-Thrace.
First of all, here is the dream team:
- Chair – Roger House
- Vice Chair/Treasurer – George Topalis
- General Secretary – Anastasia Loukeri
- Membership Secretary – Nathan Pratt
- E-bulletin Editor – Margarita Kosior
- Convention Secretary – Fani Dafnopatidou
- Member-at-large – George Raptopoulos
- Member-at-large – Emmanuel Kontovas
- Member-at-large – Efi Tzouri
- Member-at-large – Elsa Tsiakiri
- Member-at-large – Aspa Georgopoulou
The two-day conference has a lot of exciting events:
- Kieran Donaghy – Using Film to Teach English in a World of Screens
- Dr Terry Lamb – Perspectives on 21st Century Language Learners
- Carol Griffiths – Using Narrative as a Strategy to Teach Language
- Vicky Loras – The Human Touch
I am so honoured to be doing my first plenary talk ever, and in Thessaloniki as well, where I lived for almost four years and went to university!
Pecha Kucha Session
An event not to miss on Saturday evening! There will be not one, not two, but SEVEN Pecha Kucha sessions! I am so excited about this. The MC for the Pecha Kucha will be Margarita Kosior, who is also the E-Bulletin Editor for TESOL Macedonia-Thrace.
The Pecha Kucha presenters are:
And there will be lots of workshops and talks during the two days of the conference. Here is the Preliminary Programme 2014, so you can choose your sessions.
I am looking forward to it – this is going to be a conference definitely not to miss!
Thank you so much, everyone at TESOL Macedonia-Thrace!